Red Monk Studio is looking for a 3D SETS AND PROPS MODELLERS to join our team for an unannounced series in production!
We expect you to comply with the way assets are usually handled in the studio but also to be able to bring new ideas and be independent, while ensuring the artistic quality of sets locations and props jointly and under the supervision of the lead modeller.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Interpret 2D designs and translate them into a production friendly 3D space while maintaining the original artistic intent.
- Working under instruction from Art Director
- Follow artistic and technical direction from leads and supervisors
- Produce a wide range of high-quality complex models, from hard-surfaced to organic shapes to a high standard
- Identify problems in 3D Designs and provide well thought out solutions
- Build organized environment models following pipeline standards, such as clean topology and UVs ensuring usability by all downstream departments
- Produce highly optimized meshes that can be rendered and displayed efficiently for downstream departments such as Rigging, Layout and Lighting.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work is produced to appropriate standard quality within the scheduled timeframe and deadline.
WHAT WE NEED
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a 3D Modeller
- Extensive knowledge in subdivision-modeling polygonal objects, using Maya, Zbrush, 3DS Max, and/or art packages
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of common design components that make aesthetically pleasing models such as balance, composition, and shape
- Ability to communicate creatively and technically to your teammates
- Experience in series production
- Deep understanding of set building to accomodate story points and shots preview
- Ability to work in an English-speaking environment
- Familiarity with Autodesk Shotgrid is an asset
- Strong 2D Skills is an asset
4 months starting from April
Thank you for applying at Red Monk Studio.
Fields marked with * are required