Red Monk Studio is an animation studio and kids content production company based in Milan. We are a team of people who love animation and aim at producing high quality contents that stand out and we constantly work to do better.
In anticipation of the departure of a full production for an American major, we are looking for a Head of Production to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide overall leadership in the production of an animated series, being the reference person for the Production management team, Creative team, Post-production team and establishing and maintaining a strong relation with the client
- Ensure that the production needs are met by the studio’s cross functional support departments (Finance, Legal, Operations, HR, IT/Technology, and others)
- Support and help the teams succeed in producing the highest quality content, on budget & schedule
- Work closely with Supervisors to prepare complete Bid Packages (Budgets, Schedules, Assumptions, Quotas), aligning with production planning & resourcing
- Leading Production Managers on assigned production phase, including managing their performance, one to one’s and developing talent
- Overseeing production resourcing, aligning with future projects and production workflow requirements, and working with the management of the studio on strategies for retention and talent development to meet Production demand
- Maintaining a staff-wise overview of current and upcoming projects, in collaboration with the Producers, and creative leads
- Creating budgets for new shows & leading the scheduling process
- Managing production cost reporting collating and delivering overall reports to the management of the studio.
- Leading production reporting, for designated shows
- Collaborating with Marketing/branding projects that require input for Productions
WHAT WE NEED
- 3+ years in a senior management position of an in-house team
- Strong leadership skills and people management skills
- Strong positive-communication skills with the team, with an open attitude to giving and receiving feedbacks
- Ability in supervising, scheduling and leading production teams across multiple departments
- Strong experience in working with international broadcast networks and managing client relationships
- Experience in building budgets and schedules from scratch
- Strong experience in troubleshooting regarding production pipeline and workflow methodology knowledge
- Excellent understanding of a 2D & 3D digital animation Pipeline, processes and workflow methods
- Strong understanding of business reporting & presenting information
- Exemplary organizational skills including an excellent ability to understand workflow and keep an eye on the big picture while also maintaining a focus on details
- Applied understanding of asset tracking software e.g. Excel and Shotgrid.
- Familiarity with flowchart creation software, desirable
- Confident when working into an English-speaking environment
To be defined, starting ASAP
According to experience
In our studio in Milan
Thank you for applying at Red Monk Studio.
Fields marked with * are required