Red Monk Studio is looking for RIGGING ARTISTS to join our team of SPIRIT RANGERS!
SPIRIT RANGERS is a Netflix premium series inspired by Native American culture. Produced by Chris Nee (Doc McStuffins, Vampirina, Ridley Jones and Ada Twist), and created by Chumash tribal citizen, Karissa Valencia. Spirit Rangers is a fantasy-adventure series that follows Native American sibling who have a secret – they’re “Spirit Rangers”! Spirit Rangers can transform into their own animal spirit to help protect the National Park they call home. Each episode relies on Native American legends.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The riggers will work in compliance with the way rigs are usually handled in the studio but also to be able to bring new ideas and be independent, while ensuring the artistic quality of assets deformation jointly and under the supervision of the supervisor and the lead rigger.
- Use available studio tools to rig characters and props
- Rig characters and props that support the show’s design aesthetic
- Design control mechanisms that are simple and intuitive for animators
- Work collaboratively with design, model, layout and animation leads to meet the needs of the production
- Supporting rigs as they move through the animation pipeline
- Stay on top of new tools and methods for rigging on an animated series
- Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work is produced to appropriate standard quality within the scheduled timeframe and deadline
WHAT WE NEED
- In depth knowledge of Maya rigging
- Strong secondary abilities in modeling
- Functional knowledge of Maya shader networks and UV placement
- An understanding of cartoon animation principles and how they apply to rigging
- Ability to automate tasks with Python is an asset
- Production experience is an asset
- Solid knowledge of human and animal anatomy
- Familiarity with mechanics and movement of active forms
- Understanding of movement of limbs, the effect of weight, and the behavior of skin and flesh
- Ability to express character and emotion through motion
- Training in animation and/or character design
- Strong skills in rigging tools and scripting languages
- Ability to articulate emotion through character facial and physical expression
- Ability to create character gait, walk and body language
- Good communication skills
- Highly organised, ability to work methodically
- You can work in an English-speaking environment
Starting from July/August
Thank you for applying at Red Monk Studio.
Fields marked with * are required