Red Monk Studio is looking for a SURFACING ARTIST LEAD to join the production team of SPIRIT RANGERS!
SPIRIT RANGERS is a Netflix premium series inspired by Native American culture. Produced by Chris Nee (Doc McStuffins, Vampirina, Ridley Jones and Ada Twist), and created by Chumash tribal citizen, Karissa Valencia. Spirit Rangers is a fantasy-adventure series that follows Native American sibling who have a secret – they’re “Spirit Rangers”! Spirit Rangers can transform into their own animal spirit to help protect the National Park they call home. Each episode relies on Native American legends.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Reporting to the CG Supervisor, the Environment Surfacing Lead will:
- Participates in the making of the colourful sets of the series
- Supervises and supports a team of surfacing artists on a per sequence and per shot basis for all episodes of the series
- Ensures the technical conformity of the work files within the constraints given by the studio and by the project
- Ensures the artistic quality in collaboration with the CG SUP, Art Director and Sets/Props Modelling teams
- Participates in the recruitment of the team and the retention of talent.
- Collaborates with the CG Sup and the project’s pipeline TD to integrate his/her work into the production process and improve the tools.
- Is responsible for the deliverables of his/her department within the constraints of quality and deadlines/quotas set by his/her supervisor
- Estimates, assigns, supervises, and verifies the work of his/her team before sending it to the customer for validation
WHAT WE NEED
- Significant interest in V-Ray lighting/rendering and surfacing
- Proficiency in Maya, V-Ray
- Good interpersonal skills: proactive, communicative
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail
- Leadership skills and strong will to grow the people in your team
- Proven experience of working as a 3D Environment Surfacing Artist for a premium series
- Ability to work in an English-speaking environment
- Familiarity with Autodesk Shotgrid is an asset
Starting from July
Thank you for applying at Red Monk Studio.
Fields marked with * are required